Have a happy horse year!
Naaay… have a happy mentally healthy year ahead!
According to a Jobstreet survey last year, it appears that most Singaporean employees are mentally exhausted (AsiaOne, 16 Jul 2013). Not surprising and in line with the previous job surveys (read these previous posts in Jun and Aug last year). But it’s a new year (again)…so you can still work in some “me time”!
Here are 8 things you can do:
- Get into an exercise routine like walking the park connectors near your home.
- Get your family involved in your walk by organizing a meal afterwards.
- Challenge your brain by learning a new sport, dance, or exercise form.
- Get your friends to join in. Ask for discounts for introducing new classmates.
- Organize your catch-up get-togethers around social activities like board games, urban walks, frisbee, or kite-flying instead of just brunch.
- Spend time with others at the soup kitchen, willinghearts, social day care centres or senior activity centres, dog shelters, and/or special needs schools.
- Manage your stress. Here are some extra tips.
- Look after yourself and your mental wellbeing!